Saturday, 4 September 2010

altered note book.


Happy Saturday everyone,this is a new one for me.I have seen alot of people alter things but never got round to doing it.So i thought i`d do this for my sister as when we went up to see her,she didn`t have a pad to write her lists on and kept using scraps of paper.So i have used the pink papers out of the papermania henbury lane set,distressed the edges with scissors then went over them with worn lipstick distress ink.I stamped the gorgeous image from mo and coloured her with promarkers.Now i did use pink pens but it kinda looks abit purple.Then comes another new thing,the crackled glass effect.I used a holographic EP,i hadnt watched any tutorials on this i just tried to wing it as you say!Next time i will buy some clear and do another one.I then went over it with the worn lipstick,but it didn`t take to well.I think i will see a tut just to make sure i was doing it right,this may help hey!!!
The chipboard letters were embossed with white then sanded, distressed with worn lipstick,then embossed again with the holographic.Ideally i would of wanted to use crackle paint,but i haven`t got any so i was just playing with what i did have.Flowers are from wild orchid craft and swirl from marianne creatables.Pearls and gems from the hobby house and phew is that the lot!!!I think so.
Ok challenges.
Sir stampalot:-Distressed.
Stampwithsarahkay:-Anything but a card.
CES:-Floral frenzy.
papertakeweekly:-Just the one(colour)
Pollycraft:-Add a little nature.(flowers and a butterfly in the image)
Stamptacular sunday:-Pretty in pink.
Enjoy your saturday.
Kelly 

18 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh wow this is great! I have just finished doing a batch of DT commenting and i've seen a few cards using this technique today, i think there must be a challenge? You have done a great job and i love the image, one of my favouritites! (i have a lot of favourites!)
Right, i should go and do some ironing. Yuck!
Have a great weekend
Linds x

chris said...

Hi Kelly, wow this is very special, I am sure your sister will adore it.
thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot Challenge.
hugs chris xx

CraftyC said...

Its beautiful Kelly, your sister will love this!
Clairexx

pinky said...

Kelly this is gorgeous, love the technique you have used and so want to give it a go. Lovely piece of work. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot.
Pinky

Elaine said...

This is fab Kelly!
I'm sure your sister will adore it. I know I wouldn't use it, I'd just want to keep it to look at!
Fab image, and I love the pink!
Hugs Elaine xx

Mina said...

STUNNING kELLY AND WHAT A NICE THING TO DO FOR YOUR sISTER, i LOVE THE CRACKLING
mINA XXX

Mina said...

oops sorry not shouting caps lock lol xxx

Sally H said...

Beautiful card with lovely distressing! I love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

Sally H said...

Whoops, I meant notebook, not card! My fingers and brain seem to be working independently at the moment!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Kelly I love this notebook, what an amazing and beautiful transformation I love the colours and that crackled effect looks ACE thank you so much for sharing this with us at Sir Stampalot
Hugs
Lorraine x

brenda said...

Hi Kelly

A super altered notebook.

And a great crackle effect as well, really makes a lovely change doesnt it and is fun to do.

Thank you for joining in at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x

Paula said...

Love this look...so pretty! I'm so glad you could join our "Pink" Challenge at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Emma said...

A beautiful notebook Kelly, gorgeous details and love the effect on the image.
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Tracy said...

Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Francesca said...

A great notebook, I love the details.
Thanks for joining in at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

Gunn (Merete) said...

This is so beautiful. Love this image.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.

Linapyssel said...

I love this little BIA notebook!! Your sister is lucky to get it!! You altered it perfectly!!
Thank you for sharing at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck
Lina xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you for the write-up about this topic, it absolutely was very helpful.