Friday, 31 December 2010

Simpledoodles#34 DT card Embossing.

Happy Friday,Friday already can you believe it.I know the kids can`t cause they go back next week.Dan`s on Tuesday and Sam`s on Wednesday,which he thinks is really cool cause he has an extra day off!
Today see`s a new challenge over at Simpledoodles.We would like to see your embossing.So for my card i did abit of dry and heat embossing,but on the photo you can`t see the heat embossing!
The sketch i have used the sketch from the sugar bowl, they also have an added theme of embossing,which i`m entering this card into.The image is Daisy,a sugar Nellie stamp.I`ve cut out and embossed the oval,from nellie snellen.I`ve added perfect pearls around the edge.Papers are from the Prima Flora pad,very beautiful.The swirls and little flowers on the paper at the bottom is where i heat embossed.I used my versamark pen then added Kaleidoscope EP to it.It looks really glittery,but the picture doesn`t pick it up. The panel behind i ran through my Cuttlebug.I used co-ordinations white wash cardstock,then i went over the embossed bit with my nail file to expose the pink. The small butterflies were from my MS edge punch.I just cut them out,added some glitter and stuck them on.
The daisy ribbon,shiny butterflies and hearts were from my stash.
This is a close up of Daisy.I was really annoyed as when i was distressing the edges,i got specs of ink on the image.Don`t you just hate it when that happens.Hopefully i can get away with it.
I hope you can join us with this fortnights challenge.
I wish everyone a very happy 2011.
Hugs        
                         Kelly 

7 comments:

Claire x said...

This is such a gorgeous card with a very cute image. Hugs, Claire x

Elaine said...

A beautiful card Kelly.
I do love these older images and Daisy is a favourite of mine.

Thanks for playing in the Sugar Bowl challenge, and wishing you a very Happy New Year.

Love Elaine xx

Trish Hughes said...

wonderful job!

Rose said...

this is precious! love the image and pearls :)

Carrie said...

What a precious card Kelly, I love the fine details you have added. Happy New Year to you and your family xxx

Mina said...

fabulous card Kelly, I love this Daisy stamp she is so gorgeous isnt she...I will pop over and check out this challenge too
Happy New Year
Mina xxx

Pops x said...

What a gorgeous image and great colours, loving the papers, big hugs love Pops x x x