Thursday, 21 April 2011

DDCC-DT card,crackled glass.

Happy Thursday to you all and today is Team B`s challenge over at DDCC which this week is Crackled Glass.
Instead of doing the image i decided to try the butterfly on the card instead.
 The papers i used are Papermania capsule pad,blueberry pie.Funny how this pad was more expensive than the other colour pads,must of seen me coming! The image is Magnolia,isn`t she sweet.
This is a close up of the butterfly.Now i have used normal embossing powder as i didn`t have any ultra thick.It has still done the job but i just had to apply the versamark + powder more times than the thicker stuff.I distressed all the edges with my scissors,used a alterations scroll die,nesties for the circle and a Marianne D butterfly die.Pearls are from Joanna sheen and the flowers are a mix from wild orchid craft and the fizzy moon collection.Seam binding also from WOC.The sentiment was also in my stash and i added glitter to Tilda`s flowers and hair ribbon and also on the other flowers around the edge.
I hope you can join us this week we look forward to seeing your creations.
Entering the following challenges:-
Sketch Saturday-Sketch.
Wild orchid challenge-Wings.
Enjoy today,for me it will be probably be out in the garden again playing with the kids and the dog,enjoying the weather while we have it!
Take care,
                                   Kelly.

8 comments:

Scrapaddict said...

Hi Darling, just want to let you know if you have not seen it, you won at Aud Sentiments this week. Congrats!

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Kelly, that is such an adorable Tilda and I love the colours
hugs Mandy xx

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous i love the colours and the image is fabulous, big hugs love pops x x x

Lindsey said...

Hi Kelly!
Love this pretty card, the crackle has worked great on the butterfly and the image and layout are gorgeous too xx

Tab said...

Oh Kelly, your card is gorgeous hun! Love the blues and of course love the image too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Tab said...

Absolutely beautiful, Kelly! Love these colours and the image is adorable too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Mina said...

I totally agree Kelly she is so gorgeous, I love this range of Tildas dont you, they are so cute...you have used the perfect colours for her too...I really must have a go at cracked glass again I have done it for ages and it works beautifully on the butterfly
Mina xxx

Mandy said...

Hi hun, I just wanted to thank you for your lovely comments :)
I keep popping over to see if you've been playing, but I'm either not able to see any posts after this one or you are having a break, hopefully you are having a break and it's not your blog being naughty lol
hugs Mandy xx